Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Confession of Sorts

Yes, I'm a doctor. No, not that kind of doctor.

Yep, it's definitely cancer...
or a burn... or something else...


I'm not an M.D. I can't fix your broken leg. I can't diagnose the mole on your arm. I can't write you a prescription for your infected toe. In all honesty, I'm not the kind of doctor that actually helps people.

I regressed the sh*t outta this!



I can, however, regress the sh*t out of a set of variables, tell you what's a significant predictor of something else, and what that probably means for policy. So that's something, I guess...

This blog is meant mostly for myself, so I can have something to work on that doesn't involve teaching or research per se, but still involves my experiences with academia. Hopefully some of this will be useful to people considering the PhD, in a PhD program already, or in a new tenure-track position... but no promises.

I'll try and update this at least a couple times a month, but again, no promises. If you have an idea for a blog post or want (public but anonymous) advice on something, by all means send me a message and I'll see what I can do.

--------------------------------------------------------
Picture credits: Mole Model

No comments:

Post a Comment